If you own a car, you must know the importance of having motor insurance. As per the Motor Vehicles Act 1988, it’s required for a vehicle owner to carry a third party motor insurance that provides the cover against the damages caused to the third party due to your fault while driving on the road. In order to get the complete cover for your vehicle, choose the best car insurance companies in India, you must have a comprehensive car insurance policy. It provides cover against man-made disasters and natural disasters.
Best Car Insurance Companies in India 2020
When it comes to buying car insurance for your car, you are advised to pick from one of the best car insurance companies in India.
1. ICICI Lombard General Insurance
As per the survey conducted by J.D. Power Asia Pacific, ICICI Lombard is the most preferred insurer in terms of customized plans offering to its wide customers’ base.
ICICI Lombard car insurance has modernized its several processes to serve the customers in a better manner. It has a mobile device application ‘Mobile Self Inspection’ that enables you to record a video of your car. This video is automatically uploaded via the app and an insurance quote is generated. This reduces the lengthy process of physical inspection when required at the time of renewal of the policy. Some other essential features of car insurance from the company include:
- The policyholder receives an allowance (Rs. 500) for each day when his/her car is in the garage.
- The company offers zero depreciation cover and provides cover on replaced parts without any deduction in claim amount due to depreciation.
- Instant policy renewal with minimum paperwork.
- Cashless claims at 3400+ garages throughout India
- The customers can transfer no-claim bonus benefit, when you don’t made any claim.
2. Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company is one of the best car insurance companies in India a well-known insurance company and it is the first in offering telematics-based car insurance to its customers. ‘Drive Smart’ is a device fitted to the policyholder’s car, which tracks the driving habits of the insured person and the premium is calculated and charged accordingly at policy renewal. This device helps customers to save in premiums by up to 30%.
Some other features of Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance include:
- Instant claims assistance through 24×7 call center and SMS updates.
- Hassle-free car inspection at preferred garages, along with high service standards.
- Top-up cover includes loss or damage incurred for personal baggage kept in the insured car.
- Avail cashless claim settlement at over 4000 network garages.
- Free towing facility for car breakdown or accident.
3. Tata AIG Insurance
Tata AIG General Insurance Company has been offering motor insurance with a customer-centric approach to ensure impeccable customer service.
Some key features of Tata AIG car insurance cover include:
- The claim is settled within seven days of making a claim.
- The policyholder is assured to receive quick & direct settlement facility, when repair is done at any one of the network garages.
- Focus on using top-quality spare parts and materials for car repair.
- Free car towing facility offered under the motor policy.
- There is an option to choose from 12 add-on covers to enhance the benefit
4. Oriental Insurance
The Oriental Insurance Company is owned by the central government and it has the sole goal of ‘Service to Clients’. It has been awarded with several prestigious awards due to quick & high claims settlement for policy claims that’s the reason to comes in best car insurance companies in India.
Some features of the oriental insurance car insurance offered include:
- The customers enjoy various benefits on the basis of different They get discounts if they install an anti-theft device or become a member of an Automobile Association. A customer will also get a discount as a part of No Claim Bonus.
- Quick car repair when done in one of the network garages across the country.
- Alternative car benefit for 5, 10, or 15 days, under which per day limit is in the range of Rs. 400 or Rs. 650.
5. Reliance General Insurance
When you are seeking to buy motor insurance, Reliance General is one of the best & reputable names in the insurance industry. The company offers a car insurance plan that you can buy online by entering the car’s registration number and other personal details such as phone number and email ID.
Some features of Reliance General Car insurance policy:
- Cashless repair at over 3800 network garages across India
- The customers have the option to renew the policy instantly online
- Free roadside assistance in the event of accident or breakdown such as towing assistance, tyre punctures, emergency fuel assistance, minor repairs, and delivering the back-up key.
- Avail discount on premiums, if you are a member of a recognized automobile association or having installed an anti-theft device, you will receive.
Why You should Compare Car Insurance Policy Before Buying?
When you are seeking to buy a car insurance plan, your specific needs will determine the coverage for your car. Some individuals prefer low premiums, while others look for enhanced benefits and features related to the policy.
A lot of companies launch new features regularly to woo their customers. By staying updated on these features and benefits, you can plan which policy to select during renewal. It also becomes crucial to check the terms and conditions of each insurer to avoid any conflict during the time of claim processing.
A proper comparison of car insurance plan is what helps you become a smart consumer. The plans offered from above-specified insurance companies may or may not suit your requirements but can be considered for comparison to get the best deal as per your needs and requirement. You can take the support of our portal for a hassle-free comparison of different car insurance plans available in the market. This comparison will also help you while renewing your insurance policy. It is also advisable to contact the customer support of respective car insurance service providers to buy the right plan.